Under big brother's watchful eye: Cross-country attitudes toward facial recognition technology
News from Sep 19, 2022
Key findings are:
- Perceptions about facial recognition technology (FRT) in public spheres vary across countries.
- FRT acceptance is positively linked to trust in government institutions and an affinity for technology.
- Awareness of a country's history of surveillance and privacy concerns lowers FRT acceptance.
- Opposition to FRT is highest if citizens believe it affects their personal privacy.
- Chinese citizens stress the benefits of FRT; German citizens call for strong regulations to address associated risks.
Click here for the article.